Re: [Az-Geocaching] Additional Waypoint Entries

Author: Roping The Wind
To: listserv
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Additional Waypoint Entries

>From: AZcachemeister

>I would say that by far the best answer to the proximity issue is for new
>caches to be placed many miles away from existing caches.
>That way we get to visit a new area, and no conflict!

AMEN to that!!!! I hate visiting one area and clearing all the caches in
that area, only to have someone place a new one in the same area two days
later! How many times have I hiked to the almost exact same location
somewhere to find another cache. Ever hear of originality!? :)) For
instance, South Mountain Park in Phoenix is so dense in caches that I have
hiked the same trails dozens of times to find newly placed caches. I would
agree that the minimum distance should be MUCH more than 0.10 mile. It
should be at least a mile or two apart. It would be very difficult to find a
place anywhere in the Phoenix area to hide a cache if this was the rule! It
would definetly promote more remote caches.

Scott
Team Ropingthewind