Re: [Az-Geocaching] WHOA! WOW!

Author: Brian Cluff
To: listserv
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] WHOA! WOW!
I didn't want to say anything yet, but yes... We have been unblocked by
gc.com. We weren't contacted or anything so I'm guessing that the block
was just temporary and simply wore off. It just simply started working
about a week ago. I actually didn't notice anything for the first few
days. Once I did finally notice I immediately shut the crawler back
off, so that we could do a major overhaul of the crawling system so that
it is extremely gentle on the gc.com servers. We'll be breaking the
crawl up over several days. This will mean that the stats will never be
perfectly accurate again, but they should be extremely close, and even
more importantly, they won't really notice the draw on the server and
hopefully won't block us again.

We'll also need to do some additional rewriting since there have been
some major changes to the gc.com site since our last update... for
instance, you now have to log in to get the coordinates.

Brian Cluff
AzGeocaching.com
Team Snaptek