Re: [Az-Geocaching] Needed: advice for my first GPS

+ (text/html)
Author: listserv@azgeocaching.com
To: listserv
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Needed: advice for my first GPS
To support those of us who use Magellans:
My first and only GPS is (and has been for 3 years) a Magellan Sport Track
Map. I came in with no knowledge of GPSrs and found it easy to use from the
beginning. Downloadable maps, plenty of memory without needing extra
expansion cards ( I think I have about 1200 waypoints in mine right now after a
cross country trip), easy navigation buttons, 2 levels of backlight for night
caching. There is only a black/white screen but I find it easy to read and do
not feel I need a color screen to differentiate bodies of water on the
screen. Have found it to be very sturdy, through much rough handling and there are
features I do not use (terrain projection, best fishing times) but they are
included! The built in maps are very adequate for caching if you don't have
time to download detail maps.
50+ grandmother and mother of 2 ubercachers