Re: [Az-Geocaching] This is sad ~ I agree

Author: Roping The Wind
To: listserv
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] This is sad ~ I agree

>From: "PATRICK FINLEY" <>
>To: <>
>Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] This is sad ~ I agree
>Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 18:04:23 -0700
>
>Senator McCain has a place down by the creek at Page Springs, which is not
>too bad a place to be. I tend to agree with Scott, that Camp Verde is a
>little nicer than Cornville. There's not a whole lot of trees around
>Cornville, and the temps can still get a little warm. It's still better
>than being in the Valley, though.

Cool. I didnt know that! Yea, Page Springs is nice. The drive along Page
Springs Rd from Cornville Rd to Hwy 89A is beautiful. Lots of thick green
tree cover along Oak Creek. Parts of Cornville is like that too. Very nice
and cool in the shade. Most of Cornville is up above the creek and not
really any trees or much vegetation. A great example of Page Springs is at
the fish hatchery there. There are nature trails and such that go thru the
trees and around the fish hatchery facilities and you can hike down by the
creek and such. There is a virtual cache at this fish hatchery too. Worth
checking out if anyone is coming up to Sedona. There are also two wineries
and vineyards that are open to the public along Page Springs Rd, if you are
into that kind of thing.

Just exit I-17 at the Rimrock/Lake Montezuma exit and head west to
Cornville. Turn right on Page Springs rd and enjoy the drive. This will then
take you to Sedona. It's a nice short cut to Sedona instead of exiting at
SR179.

Do a search from GC801E (page springs fish hatchery) and you will find lots
of fun and easy caches to do in this area along the way to Sedona. Also, on
the east side of I-17 in Rimrock and surrounding area there are several
caches as well. A great place to spend a day geocaching. There are also two
national monuments in this area... Montezuma Castle and Montezuma Well.

Scott
Team Ropingthewind