RE: [Az-Geocaching] Dodge?

+ text2.html (text/html)
Author: BOBBI JO CLAYWELL
To: listserv
Subject: RE: [Az-Geocaching] Dodge?
And remember Apryl - your buddy here knows how to work on old cars...I have
the '67 Camaro, after all - fully restored by Moi! :)

You should get an old Land Cruiser. LMAO

Yeah yeah my new truck's monthly payment was more than the mortgage on our first house but I love my truck. Granted I really wish I had my Grandpa's reddish orange Ram Charger but we can't have it all! LOL
I've contemplated selling the Dodge which by the way we could sell for more than it's worth right now (how often does that happen??!!) but I just can't give up on my truck. LOL It's gotten us into some fun situations and laughs at my brother's Jeep all the time. It is a gas hog but I don't drive it that often. So unfortunatly I'll probably stick with my Dodge and continue to b*tch and moan about the cost. LOL
My first car was also $500 but it was a 75 Ford LTD, white, with a hole in the driver seat. What an awesome car that was. I could fit my whole freshman class in the trunk and still have room to pick up random hitchhikers. Hence the reason I got a big truck..I've got that big car mentality in my brain.  If I could I'd drive a semi around but I hear parking's a b*tch.
LOL>From: "Roping The Wind" <>>Reply-To: >To: >Subject: RE: [Az-Geocaching] Dodge?>Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 14:46:50 -0700>>My recommendation would be this....>>sell your 'new' dodge truck.. you know, the new one that is >currently broken....>>then, seek out a nice, old oh late 60's or early 70's or so Dodge >truck (or chevy or ford or whatever you like). Very easy to work on >and very INEXPENSIVE to work on. You might even be able to do the >work on it yourself if you are into that kind of thing.>>By doing this, you save LOTS of money! I bought my first truck... a >1974 GMC 1/2 ton truck.... 14 years ago... for $500. I still own it >today and drive it daily.
I have probably put a few thousand into it >over all those years... but that aint even a down payment on a new >truck! :) Buying new vehicles is like throwing away money... IMHO. >They depreciate very quickly as soon as they leave the showroom >floor. You better plan on owning it for a REALLY LONG time. Many >people buy new vehicles and then they sell it a few years down the >road. Talk about throwing money away. They probably sell it because >they are starting to have little things go wrong with it (its a >vehicle... old or new they are prone to breaking down!) and it is >very expensive to have a dealership do repair work. Noaways, it >involves many hours of labor just to change the spark plugs!!! At >something like $70 an hour labor (or whatever it is).... I change my >spark plugs for a few dollars in
parts and 15 minutes of my time!!! >I will not let someone else work on my trucks... I do it all myself >and I know I am not getting 'ripped off' or 'screwed over'. Oh, and >I am not a professional mechanic either and I still need help and >advice from time to time.>>Yes, it is possible to make an old vehicle look as plush and >beautiful as a new vehicle! (yes, I admit, the 'ride' is much nicer >in new vehicles these days). They are much cheaper to work on and >repair and often times you can do the work yourself and the local >Autozone or Checker store has the parts you need! Old vehicles do >break down from time to time.. but apparently, so do new vehicles! >When I am out in the middle of nowhere, it is good to know that the >nearest auto parts store in small town america most likely has the