Author: listserv@azgeocaching.com
To: listserv
Subject: Fwd: [Az-Geocaching] The tech support at Magellan collectively is assmart as ...

I bought a Magellan Topo thinking it would be the cats ass for caching! Was
looking for a cache and I was bouncing all over the place and that's not fun
when you're on a mountain going up and down. Finally one in our group who had
no GPS found it...thank you...that was a tuff one. Thought we'd hide a cache
ourselves, nice good old 50 cal ammo can filled with goodies and named it
"Nascar". No one could find it! Even had two hard core cachers stop by and asked
if I had a picture of the cache. Just so I did and printed one out and out
they went. I was 180 feet off by their measurement. So I send the darn thing
back to Magellan and they supposedly repaired and re calibrated my same Topo.
I never used the thing again but gave it to a friend who was interested in
caching. Showed him a little about the thing and gave him the book so he
could read up on it a little. Darn thing was still way off, he brought it back
and were standing in the office parking lot showing where doing 35 mph. Thing
is a piece of junk! I've owned a Garmin GPS1 and II, then went to a Magellan
Topo then Platinum and now have and won't trade anything for it...or change my
brand, it's a Garmin 60 CS. I've heard a lot of you talking one or the
other, it's what suits you. This is what suits me and I would recommend it to
anyone who hasn't tried it.

Jeep'en Jumpers

In a message dated 6/2/2005 3:51:36 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,