RE: [Az-Geocaching] Which is the best GPS for Geochaching?

Author: Roping The Wind
To: listserv
Subject: RE: [Az-Geocaching] Which is the best GPS for Geochaching?

Speaking of GPS's...

I am also a member of the Balloon listserv, a listserv dedicated to hot air
balloonists and ballooning. Someone recently posted wanting more comments on
the use of the Garmin Rino 130 for ballooning. The unique thing about this
radio/GPS is that you have the ability to track your ground crew (or vice
versa) , or in our case, a hiking companion, right on your GPS screen. I
believe that you have to be within radio range for this to happen though.
Not a problem ballooning since there is such a greater line of sight
available then we might have when hiking, say, thru a dense forest. Anyways,
there havent been many comments made yet, but I am curious to here some as I
have always been interested in this radio. I know they arent nearly as good
as my Motorola VHF Radio's (I have communicated air to air/line of sight
with someone over 35 miles away). The Rino is only an FRS and GMRS (?)
radio. So distance is limited, especially in dense forest. At any rate, I
will comment on this as soon as I hear more comments from the balloon
listserv.

Not suprisingly, there have already been a couple of comments about the 60C
GPS. Seems alot of balloonists seem to like this model as their GPS of
choice as well.

Scott
Team Ropingthewind