Re: [Az-Geocaching]Vacationgeocaching-cachesinTucsonareareco…

+ (text/html)
Author: Apryl Clark
To: listserv
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching]Vacationgeocaching-cachesinTucsonarearecommendationsplease

When we lived in El Mirage and people would come to visit they'd complain about the noise from the planes. I honestly never had a problem with the planes or the noise. In fact I wish we lived out there now so my son could grow up with the planes. I grew up for part of the time at Camp Pendleton and listening to the choppers take off there was always so neat.
Then living in Tuscon it was neat to see the 4 choppers come rolling in from the North and then back out again. They did the same mission over and over again. As do the F's that fly out at Luke. I don't seem to remember seeing many at Williams but I was a bit young when we lived out in Booneyville Mesa...that was when Mesa didn't really exist.
But my all time fav is the big ones plowing right over the house in El Mirage. I couldn't imagine what it would've felt like in a 2 story. Definatly miss that house. Not too many take off from the National Guard at Sky Harbor so every once in a while looking North out of my son's room I'll see a dark gray plane in the sky and smile.
Gonna have to do some caches soon out near Luke I miss the fly-bys and the afterburner noise. Always sounded like someone whistling. You know the construction guys whistling at the hottie chick in the mini skirt walking by the job site whistle. Except the planes would never finish the whole whistle so I'd always do it for them. LOL