RE: [Az-Geocaching] Gas Prices

+ (text/html)
Author: Apryl Clark
To: listserv, bill
Subject: RE: [Az-Geocaching] Gas Prices

Me being a blonde..HAHA..I try to drive as little as possible. Heck we moved from El Mirage to Phx just to cut down on hubby's 2 hour commute to Williams ex AFB so we didn't use as much gas as we were. I can remember when the gas crunch or rather out of gas crunch hit. I was 7 months pregnant it was like 10:30pm and we were in line at a Diamond Shamrock near Peoria. We waited for 2 hours. Granted that was to fill up the little Toyota. We didn't drive my truck much that summer.
However since then the most $$ I've put in that beast was close to $65 for 1 freaking tank of gas. That was on a drive to CA...that gas in Yuma must have gold in it!!! Needless to say I try not to drive it as much but when it's your only car and you're 1 year away from paying off that $565 a month payment you can damn well bet I'm not buying another vehicle.
I do remember however about 10ish years ago paying .10 a gallon for gas in Oceanside, CA when I lived there. Filled up my little Nissan (which promptly got stolen when I moved back here wonder if they knew about the gas crisis looming on the horizon?) for $1.05. Ahh those were the days.
And I don't mind riding the bus...guess I'm gonna have to break down and do that this summer. Granted I do work from home 3 days a week..and I'm only 15 minutes from work. So I think I'm contributing but I really wish they'd cap the gas prices or find another way to make some $$ rather than gouging for gas prices.
Wonder what the gas prices will be like for my son in 16 years. Bet it'll be like $10 a gallon. Sigh...
Apryl