Re: [Az-Geocaching] worst mishap?

+ (text/html)
Author: David Thompsen
To: listserv
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] worst mishap?
Oh that's easy.

Early in my caching career I tried tackling Wily Javelina's "Le Chiffre Indechiffrable." Tough puzzle cache. There's a point in it during which you can easily misconstrue some instructions for one of the waypoints (I think I was the 2nd or 3rd person to make this particular mistake.) The wrong coordinates I created put me on a hill in the Tucson Mountains. Ok, no problem, very possible. While hiking up it I slipped on some loose rock, and tumbled into some cholla, badly bruising my arm and receiving a minor tear in a vein in my right forearm. All for the wrong coordinates.

--Dave, Team Cowspots

Gale <> wrote:
Perhaps the next question should be:

What is the worst injury you or a member of your team has experienced when caching? What was the most expensive mishap you sustained while caching?

Or should I not ask?

Tsegi Mike and Desert Viking

Till a voice, as bad as Conscience, rang interminable changes
On one everlasting Whisper day and night repeated -- so:
"Something hidden. Go and find it. Go and look behind the Ranges --
"Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you. Go!"

Rudyard Kipling , The Explorer 1898