[Az-Geocaching] TB SPD-273

+ (text/html)
Author: George Harris
To: listserv
Subject: [Az-Geocaching] TB SPD-273
Brian,

    I was just looking over the pages of the TBs that have been dropped at this afternoon's event cache.  I was looking at the photos you took with SPD-273.  One photo brought chills of fear to my spine and tears of great sadness to my eyes...specifically the photo of the memorial wall with Sgt. Tom Hontz's name.

    There is another name on that wall next to that very special little bear, three names down from Sgt. Hontz.  It is that of an incredible man, Ranger Kristopher Eggle.  My husband had the pleasure of working with Kris and he had become a very dear friend, and therefore, part of our extended family...like many of those in the military and LE.  There's an incredible bond that cannot be described.

    Kris was taken from our family on August 9, 2002 while serving and protecting the rest of us...absolutely loving every minute of life.

    Since SPD-273 has already found his special place in my heart, I would love to be able to pick him up at the event cache...if okay with the others attending.  Perhaps I can arrange for him to have his photo taken at Kris' memorial at Organ Pipe National Monument.  I know it doesn't entirely fit in with the goal of this TB, but perhaps the owner would allow this little side track.

    I have the utmost respect and give my heartfelt thanks to those who so willingly risk their lives every day to help protect mine.  I pray the other walls at the memorial remain blank.

    I look forward to seeing everyone who can make it to the event later today.  Stay safe!

~ Jalene aka Sweet Pea
Team Dodge Podge

---