Re: [Az-Geocaching] Use of Geocaching.com for commercial sol…

+ (text/html)
Author: David Thompsen
To: listserv
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Use of Geocaching.com for commercial solicitation
Ken... (Highpointer)... I know you read the listserv. If you are indeed in any way even perpherally responsible for this, and I use the word IF to give you the benefit of the doubt...

... You have sunk to a new low. Before, your long list of strange and inexpicably rude actions have been confined to Geocaching itself. This is way outside the lines.

I can only hope that you are not this stupid, and that this jackass acted independently.

Dave, Team Cow Spots

SquishyGecko <> wrote:
This morning I received a telephone call from someone named Ron Adams,
stating that he was doing a "character reference" for Highpointer. After
returning the call and informing Mr. Adams that I had never met Highpointer,
he proceeded to state that Highpointer had told Mr. Adams that I was married
with two children, then attempted to sell me an insurance policy.

Not only do I consider this a gross misrepresentation on the part of Mr.
Adams, but a gross violation of my privacy by Highpointer. I will be
contacting Geocaching.com to determine what violations of Geocaching.com
regulations may have been committed by Highpointer. I strongly encourage
anyone else who receives such a call to ask Mr. Adams to add you to his "Do
Not Call" list, and then report the incident to Geocaching.com.

---