[Az-Geocaching] Sloof Lirpa 1/?

+ (text/html)
Author: Brian - Team A.I.
To: AZ Geocaching
Subject: [Az-Geocaching] Sloof Lirpa 1/?
For those who haven't seen them and want to, here are MOST of the logs from the cache:

sledgehampster found April 1st (Unknown (Mystery) Cache) at 4/1/2004

Log Date: 4/1/2004
Found a gerbil wondering around in a daze so I mailed him to Michael Jackson as a gift. TFTH!

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=5c021c29-575d-4377-b3ef-fc6819124b6a

TheSkulls found April 1st (Unknown (Mystery) Cache) at 4/1/2004

Log Date: 4/1/2004
Geez, the traffic in the metropolis of Orange City was horrendous at 5am so had to go home and sleep for a few days before trying this one again. Cache was hard to find as someone was sleeping on the spot of the cache. It turned out to be John Tesh who had heard that he had a fan who had actually copied his cd's. Was distraught and disappointed that it wasn't me, but after telling him I'd seen he's mural painted above hiddenrock's fireplace and giving him hiddenrocks' address and phone number he calmed down a bit. Was hard to open the cache container, but with my pocket acetylene torch I finally managed. Left some backstage passes to the sold out Yanni concert, took a coveted used tissue.

Thanks for the cache monkeez, don't believe we've found one of yours since attempting to climb the phone tower at your "Can You Hear Me Now" cache.

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=fbde635f-2ce7-45ea-ab92-d387b27ed32e

WaldenRun found April 1st (Unknown (Mystery) Cache) at 4/1/2004

Log Date: 4/1/2004
Knowing the restrictions on active railroad tracks, I was not about to trespass. I called 911 about a suspicious container and their bomb squad blew up the cache. I caught the logbook as it flew by and signed in. I also took a boxcutter across the jugular and am feeling a bit faint... argh, THUNK!

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=bbdcfff4-f5be-44a3-8a98-e77778e4394d

Jackie and Bob found April 1st (Unknown (Mystery) Cache) at 4/1/2004

Log Date: 4/1/2004
Well Cachemonkeez (aka Hammack, aka Team Hammack, aka Sers)... Caught the red eye from California last night. Got in this morning and the first thing I did was to rent a car and drive to this cache. What a mess. The NTSB guys had spotted the ammo box and called out the bomb squad. They were getting ready to detonate what was left of the container. I tried to stop them but was unable to. 'All I want to do is sign the log first'. 'Please'. boooom. Oh well maybe CacheMonkeez will allow me to log this as a find anyway. I raced back to the airport and caught the return plane home. I'll call Jackie later and tell her I was in town. If she doesn't believe me I'll tell her to read the log. Thanks for the fun. If you don't think I earned this then feel free to delete my log, or maybe you can have Crow T change it to a note, or maybe you can tell me to change it to a note. Gee is this cache hidden near hiddenrock's front yard?

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=979ad8f7-0b44-4d6b-9596-74796d340215

dead_white_man found April 1st (Unknown (Mystery) Cache) at 4/1/2004

Log Date: 4/1/2004
When I arrived, all I found was a crater, some schrappnel from an ammo can and a log book.
SLTNLN
thanks for the excitement

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=8fab8bc2-34fc-413d-8b4b-04d312e16551

CacheMonkeez found April 1st (Unknown (Mystery) Cache) at 4/1/2004

Log Date: 4/1/2004
Went out to perform some maintenance on the cache (that's my favorite part of geocaching!). Moved the wreckage out of the way and restored the cache. Should be good to go.

I didn't see GreyMouser and J&B's names in the log so they should go back and sign or delete their logs.

..poor Gerbil

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=1e199c4b-68ff-425d-bf9b-d02e02435ab6

fosterbass found April 1st (Unknown (Mystery) Cache) at 4/1/2004

Log Date: 4/1/2004
I woke up early this morning to the sound of my alarm clock beeping. I tried to turn it off, only it wouldn't stop. Suddenly I realized I was not in my bed. I was laying on the railroad tracks. I had dozed off while looking for this cache and now there was a huge train bearing down on me. I jumped out of the way then spotted the cache just before the train passed. I quickly reached back onto the tracks and grabbed the cache. Unfortunately, the wind of the passing train blew all the WheresGeorge money all over the place. There must have been a few dozen dollar bills in there. Anyway, thanks for the cache.

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=fa9e5805-6f23-46ac-b4d4-4b990fdb5da9

webscouter. found April 1st (Unknown (Mystery) Cache) at 4/1/2004

Log Date: 4/1/2004
Thought I would drive down for this one early as I have found everything in Kansas City.

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=ec96538b-5101-4956-841d-437344a8a4e6

Team Grizzly found April 1st (Unknown (Mystery) Cache) at 4/1/2004

Log Date: 4/1/2004
I think you need to change the difficulty rating - the crater gives away the position a little much for a five. Terrain however, is still treacherous. Signed remains of log - left signature assault riffle. Thanks for the fun.

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=88c36347-d29f-4a56-8c32-6f8845ca51b6

cool_librarian found April 1st (Unknown (Mystery) Cache) at 4/1/2004

Log Date: 4/1/2004
As I am known far and wide as a "cacher of mercy," I arrived on the scene (after stopping by the hospital to visit WaldenRun) with a new container stocked with a CL Instant Cache Kit, READ Stickers, handstamped bookmarks, and CL Magnets. There is also a first aid kit in there. I couldn't find any gerbils....

But, wouldn't you know, by the time I got there, a new box had been placed! Glad to see that SOME people maintain their caches. I hid this one down the tracks a bit and wrote the coords on the lid of the original cache - so now you have a multi!

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=1d34e645-19e5-46c7-a7fc-32a4b31dddcc

Divine posted a note for April 1st (Unknown (Mystery) Cache) at 4/1/2004

Log Date: 4/1/2004
Hey...there's noting or no one here... I'm standing here at the coordinates right now; I have a mobile internet connection. Are these like the real coordinates? I mean, man, it cost helluva lot dough to come here from Finland, just for this cache.

Anyone? Anyone?

I'm the guy standing here beside the road, wearing black and, you know, horned.[}:)] Anyone? Come talk to me! Hey you there, come here! I can see your GPSr, I know you were coming this way! Come back!

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=877a1a64-e449-4349-ba32-418657eda12f

ThePropers found April 1st (Unknown (Mystery) Cache) at 4/1/2004

Log Date: 4/1/2004

Worst. Cache. Ever.

This turned into our most expensive cache hunt ever. We narrowly avoided escape due to our poor choice of parking (Please see picture). Once the EMS left, we found the cache with ease though. I was disappointed their were no gerbils left. Anyhoo, we took nothing, but left a rattlesnake. I'm sure it will have suffocated by the time the next cachers get to it.

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=e9303f76-c5ef-47f5-8f4d-b9d6f130f3a3

Jackie and Bob posted a note for April 1st (Unknown (Mystery) Cache) at 4/1/2004

Log Date: 4/1/2004
OK CacheMonkeez.. I fessed up to Jackie and told her I flew to Florida just to find your cache and then flew home without stopping to see her. She was p..o..d to say the least. However when I explained that you wanted to delete our log because I couldn't sign the log, she graciously went to the new and updated cache and signed the log. While she was there she took this picture.

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=a9b0acff-47db-49cb-8ca3-c9d40bb2bc37

Capaldo found April 1st (Unknown (Mystery) Cache) at 4/1/2004

Log Date: 4/1/2004
I had decided to spend a little time out of town after placing [URL=http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=0001d69c-7367-4516-8a94-ff76b2c2867f]this cache[/URL], when I ran into some of Blueman's military buddies. They were giving me a ride in their nifty black helichopper when we were diverted to this site. They're certainly dedicated cachers; they had tons of cool equipment and even matching uniforms. I think their screen name is "Special Forces." Anywho, while they swarmed the area, they asked me to lie face down in the dirt with my hands cuffed behind my back. It seemed a little weird, but I know there are regional differences in the way people cache, so I didn't want to be rude. Funny thing though, I just so happened to be lying right on top of the log book, so with the blood from my cracked nose, I smeared my initials. Thanks for the fun cache. Now I think we're off to a Geo-Event at PAFB!

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=e1de8500-5e80-478d-81cd-563c0461f0e3

Cache & Keri found April 1st (Unknown (Mystery) Cache) at 4/1/2004

Log Date: 4/1/2004
After I saw that the "cool librarians" had converted this cache into a multi, I decided to give it another shot. By this time, there were emergency vehicles everywhere making it even more difficult to access the cache. Unfortunately, not too many trade items remain...so anyone who intends to venture out to the cache should plan on re-stocking it. Give yourself an extra 3 hours due to the traffic congestion caused by the train wreck and all the overturned vehicles.

Hey CacheMonkeez thanks for another super caching adventure.

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=eb9d7cfd-31dd-48c0-bd4b-993437aa73fd

BCR found April 1st (Unknown (Mystery) Cache) at 4/1/2004

Log Date: 4/1/2004
I just followed the RR tracks from the nearby road. BTW, I thought caches weren't supposed to buried in U.S. National Parks? Also, logbook was wet. TN/LN/SL.

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=3a1c680a-0dc9-4314-b7c4-84420fa92ec0

GreyMouser & Gisela posted a note for April 1st (Unknown (Mystery) Cache) at 4/1/2004

Log Date: 4/1/2004
Went back and signed the new log. Sorry CacheMonkeez we were just so excited at the FTF and all the goodies. We also wanted to try to find a good home for the Gerbils. By the way, we took 2 Gerbils, but when we got home, we had 10. [}:)]

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=34ddde5f-d170-4dfd-9ac2-463ee0a93801

Team GPSaxophone found April 1st (Unknown (Mystery) Cache) at 4/1/2004

Log Date: 4/1/2004
I stopped by on my way to work to snag this one. I don't think barbed wire necessarily make it a 5 for terrain. I suppose if you count the wire cutters I happened to have with me, that would be "special equipment".
The kids enjoyed tagging along. They said it is much more fun than daycare. My youngest was small enough to retrieve the cache while the train went by just inches above his head. I'll start packing helmets in my backpack for your next cache.
Took the 44" Super Swampers, they'll look great on my Suburban once I get it raised a few more inches. Left a squished penny and a hampster (sorry Lep, I just can't keep him. Hope you don't mind)

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=83536bd1-913a-4873-8b3f-d20bc367c1fc

The Cow Spots posted a note for Sloof Lirpa (Unknown (Mystery) Cache) at 4/1/2004

Log Date: 4/1/2004
Not sure whether I should keep this as a find or not. Managed to find the cache with three of my friends, cause we heard there was a dead body in the vicinity. Unfortunately my friend Vern dropped his comb, as I didn't notice the train barrelling my way. I managed to avoid the train (see attached pic by my friend Chris) but dropped the cache over the edge. Hope another cacher finds it.

--Gordon LaChance

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=f6aeb813-1811-4b88-aae7-f6cf1599d0c8

CacheMonkeez found Sloof Lirpa (Unknown (Mystery) Cache) at 4/1/2004

Log Date: 4/1/2004
Sax,
Was that the penny and the gerbil that were squished, or just the penny?

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=80340c35-7d17-4631-8d07-678056a36228

Scoobie10 found Sloof Lirpa (Unknown (Mystery) Cache) at 4/1/2004

Log Date: 4/1/2004
I saw this one pop up on my cachescope and decided to hop in my new H2 and and head from Southern Illinois (I would never have gone if I were from Chicago because it just would have been too far to drive). Anyway, there's not much left of the cache or anything else for that matter. I decided to replace the cache so I pulled a 55 gallon drum (formally used to store high octane racing fuel. Sorry about the smell, I didn't get a chance to clean it first)from my backpack and covered it with booby-traps to keep out the muggles. The cache is now restocked with BRAND NEW razor blades. Lots of offical looking people around, not sure what they're up to.

Thanks for the adventure.

Took: Big toe that I found on the ground to convert in to a keycahin.

Left: Some old, out dated medications that I had laying around. I'm not sure what they're for but they are very colorful.

Scoobie

ZOINKS!

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=b7bea160-5f95-4fde-b4d0-f950a80d1de6

golefts found Sloof Lirpa (Unknown (Mystery) Cache) at 4/1/2004

Log Date: 4/1/2004
in the name of all that is humane and the Society for the Protection of Poisonous Snakes, I stopped by to retrieve the rattler and return him to Arizona where we need more snakes. Thankfully he survived quite well on squished gerbils and the cache is now empty of living things. SL; took the snake and left a few weapoons of mass destruction.

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=e293df49-d0f6-45db-ad55-8dd2fec2c3bf

CCDAWG found Sloof Lirpa (Unknown (Mystery) Cache) at 4/1/2004

Log Date: 4/1/2004
Needed to get to the coast for a business trip to Columbia(leaving in the middle of the night), and thought a caching adventure was a good idea. after getting to the site,i realized that this one would take awhile, so took some "performance enhancing stimulants" to get thru this one. I finally found after a all-nighters of caching! All i can say is....watch out for that Dang train...anyone that finds a hand...call or email me in KC.

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=22064132-d759-49ea-bfc9-4ea2576b963f

tirediron posted a note for Sloof Lirpa (Unknown (Mystery) Cache) at 4/1/2004

Log Date: 4/1/2004
Started, but only got a little way down the tracks. Did you know trains travel both directions on the tracks? [:O] (Note to self: Look the other way once in a while) Anyway, they were able to re-attach my hand and the Doctor says I will soon be able to play the piano (Which is totally cool 'cause I never could before). Need lots of 'George dollars to pay hospital bills...

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=a6abf868-c235-4ea2-b6e8-632a3e4090cb

ddirgo found Sloof Lirpa (Unknown (Mystery) Cache) at 4/1/2004

Log Date: 4/1/2004
TNLN. It was easier than I expected. I just have this question: who was the naked guy, and what was he doing with those parakeets?

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=d0171a9a-8aeb-437a-a1a5-771e17a571b7

Petite Elite found Sloof Lirpa (Unknown (Mystery) Cache) at 4/1/2004

Log Date: 4/1/2004
While digging around for this cache, I needed more gerbils for the snakes in my backyard, I heard a sound in the distance that sounded like the world famous DDA40X (GCAD98) locomotive. As I concentrated on the find, the sound got louder unitl I noticed it was coming right toward me. I jumped as it roard by, clutching the log book. Grabbed a quick photo of the engine while signing the log. Thanks for a great hide.

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=cc4a9e26-21dc-4747-88a1-d7c3cb681886

Halden found Sloof Lirpa (Unknown (Mystery) Cache) at 4/1/2004

Log Date: 4/1/2004
Despite the lack of food, water or air holes the Gerbil seems OK. Didn't have too much trouble but the drive from Ottawa was a killer!

TNLNDNSL

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=8b70f2d6-11e7-42e4-89a2-fe91409e222c

Lightning1996YCJP found Sloof Lirpa (Unknown (Mystery) Cache) at 4/1/2004

Log Date: 4/1/2004
WOW that train is loud!! I had to dig in several spots and tear up 3 ties and both rails before I found the ammo can, what a great camo job by the way, just in time for the railroad guy on that silly teeter-totter cart to come by and arrest me. Good thing there is Internet access in this jail so I can log the find. I was able to grab some of the bubble gum just before they replaced the ties and rails, and I left a loaded .380 with an extra magazine (hollow point of course!)
Now I have to figure out a way to make bail AND buy an airplane ticket back to AZ, I'm for sure not riding the rails after what I jsut saw (did?) ! :-)

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=589074e5-97bd-4ea8-a133-8f926074762b

The Cheeseheads found Sloof Lirpa (Unknown (Mystery) Cache) at 4/1/2004

Log Date: 4/1/2004
After signing the log, I noticed the little gerbil wandering about. I remembered that I had a spare travel bug tag in my pack, to I pulled it out, attached it to the little feller and tossed him back into the charred and smoking container. I think some maintenance may be in order for this one.

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=564a6a2d-6947-42ce-8ba4-a154a18e5eba

uperdooper found Sloof Lirpa (Unknown (Mystery) Cache) at 4/1/2004

Log Date: 4/1/2004
finally found it. geez! this is the hardest cache i've ever done. i'm saying i found it because my GPSr zero'ed out when i got there, but the place was such a mess. a huge crater, official looking people everywhere, small animal parts, and metal all over the place. posting this as a find even though i couldn't sign the log. i hope this isn't deleted because i know it was the right place and i was close enough to it to claim a find. strange guy with horns still wandering around.

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=37d74d0e-a0db-4fa2-9b4b-f4670c52a696

KSWader found Sloof Lirpa (Unknown (Mystery) Cache) at 4/1/2004

Log Date: 4/1/2004
Found cache after hours of searching and digging with a shovel. Cache is in terrible condition. Seems the heat built up in the ammobox and the gerbils are now dead and bloated. Did not have my cache repair kit with me a it is sitting at home in Kansas. Next finder will have some cleaning up of the cache to do. Make sure the next person brings rubber gloves, HAZMAT kit and a new dry log book. Took nothing Left quarter.

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=0ce4aacb-ca74-40b4-88f1-a3d313283908

Cache & Keri posted a note for Sloof Lirpa (Unknown (Mystery) Cache) at 4/1/2004

Log Date: 4/1/2004
Just stopped by to pick up the gerbil T.B.

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=2b9da437-3897-4c62-b856-8da36d049865

Doc-Dean found Sloof Lirpa (Unknown (Mystery) Cache) at 4/1/2004

Log Date: 4/1/2004
While attending a conference today, I saw a demonstration of a virtual surgery application. After explaining geocaching to the operator, he agreed to allow me to handle the controls. Manuvering the bot into position was the most difficult aspect, but once we got into place it was a cinch using the multiple tools this baby has on its 4 hands to get into the cache and sign the log. Took nothing, may have dropped a dirty needle from hand #2. um... just take some Cipro if you comen into contact with the needle and avoid direct sunlight for 17 hours. If you have any complications... um... oh... nevermind.

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=76d0f4d6-28bd-4390-b937-b3ea93391b36