Re: [Az-Geocaching] Arizona Adventure Racing series - Desert…

Author: RopingThe Wind
To: listserv
New-Topics: [Az-Geocaching] Gecko?
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Arizona Adventure Racing series - DesertRageAR.com

>From: Rick Eastman <>
>Subject: [Az-Geocaching] Arizona Adventure Racing series - DesertRageAR.com
>Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 22:32:55 -0800 (PST)
>
>I've been Geocaching for a couple ofI'm pleased to
>announce a brand new, and long awaited Adventure
>Racing Series to Arizona. The Desert Rage Adventure
>Racing Series (www.DesertRageAR.com) will consist of 2
>Sprints on Feb 7th, and April 17, and a 40-50 mile
>race in the fall. A summer race in Prescott is also a
>tentative partner in the points series. Format will
>be 3 or 4 person teams of mixed or same gender. There
>will also be a class for teams with an average age
>over 45. It would make a great warmup for your racing
>season, and the weather in AZ is great from October to
>May. Just $75 per person for early registration!!
>Please take a look at www.DesertRageAR.com for more
>info. Disciplines will include MTB,
>Trekking/nagivation, paddling, mystery events, and in
>some venues, ropes. Do you feel like you've got above
>average navigation skills? GPS isn't allowed in
>races, though undrestanding how coordinates work and
>being able to plot them on a map is a big advantage.

Even though I have been told I move too quickly, I dont run to geocaches
(except when trying to beat someone to a first find)! I walk! :)

Spam? Well, most of what I read seemed interesting and somewhat on topic..
but, no GPS?! You are marketing to the wrong group! Geocachers don't go
anywhere without our GPS's!!! :) LOL

Scott
Team RTW

Cheer a special someone with a fun Halloween eCard from American Greetings!
Go to http://www.msn.americangreetings.com/index_msn.pd?source=msne134