[Az-Geocaching] Magazine Article - Insurance Rates Driven By…

+ (text/html)
Author: Team Cache-Quest
To: listserv
Subject: [Az-Geocaching] Magazine Article - Insurance Rates Driven By GPS
I thought this group might find this article interesting....

http://www.wired.com/news/autotech/0,2554,60659,00.html

I know some folks who are working on projects for collecting data from onboard vehicle computers. Many new vehicles have built-gps units. This has some interesting privacy issues. I wonder what most of our vehicle manufactures or insurance companies would do to our warranties or insurance rates if they were monitoring where we take some of our vehicles. Of course I would consider most of Arizona's back roads far safer the Phoneix freeways.

Jerry
(Cache-Quest)