Re: [Az-Geocaching] Power Source Questions

+ (text/html)
Author: Scott Wood
To: listserv
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Power Source Questions
At 05:14 PM 9/20/2003 -0700, you wrote:

>How many people are using rechargeables? Do they work well? Anyone using
>them in an eTrex Vista? What kind of life do they have (per charge and
>how many charges before they are trash)?

I have been using rechargeables in both of my Magellans since I got
them. I use the Rayovac 1 hour charger, which I think is the best on the
market. So far I find that I get about 80% of the life I would out of
alkalines per charge. With the Rayovac charger is normally takes just
under an hour to charge them again. As for how many charges, I don't know
yet, I have yet to have any of mine go bad. I sort of wish they would
though, all my batteries are 1700-1800s and I would like to buy some bigger
ones, but until these fail I don't see any reason to do so.

Scott

www.myblueheaven.com