[Az-Geocaching] Prescott National Forest Announces Fire Rest…

+ (text/enriched)
Author: Ken Henson
To: listserv
Subject: [Az-Geocaching] Prescott National Forest Announces Fire Restrictions
Prescott National Forest Announces Fire Restrictions on the Bradshaw
Ranger District

PRESCOTT Ariz—The Bradshaw Ranger District of the Prescott National
Forest will go into precautionary fire restrictions on Tuesday, May 20
at 8 a.m. “We have reached certain key trigger points that warrant
taking these restrictive actions. These include four initial attack
fires in the past week, the long distance spotting observed with these
fires, and that our fire prevention patrols are picking up three or
four abandoned campfiresdaily. The Bradshaw Ranger District has the
highest urban-interface concerns; along with the added risk this year
due to all the bark beetle infested trees. We will still continue with
many of our hazard reduction projects which could include prescribe
fire on the Verde Ranger District,” said Prescott National Forest Fire
Management Officer Robert Morales.

These restrictions will be in effect only on the Bradshaw Ranger
District of the Prescott National Forest. The Bradshaw Ranger District
includes those areas in the vicinity of Horsethief and Crown King in
the south, north thru Sycamore Mesa and Granite Mountain Wilderness
north and west of Prescott.