[Az-Geocaching] Name Poll

+ (text/html)
Author: Jerry Nelson
To: listserv
Subject: [Az-Geocaching] Name Poll
For a couple months I've been contemplating changing my caching name from Offtrail, which I originally chose from the type of hiking I enjoy the most. I don't hike that way except in places where the impact of such travel is negligible, if not zero. But, from a desire to show geocaching as an environmentally friendly activity, which generally it is, I'm thinking of changing to Peakbagger, my long-time email name. I think it's available.

Familiar names are important, though, and shouldn't be changed easily or often. A certain mountain peak in Phoenix is a good example.

So, two questions for anyone who cares to give an opinion:

1. Does "Offtrail" have negative connotations, or am I concerned about nothing?

2. Have others who have changed their name experienced any complications at the main site or at azgeocaching regarding stats, etc.?

Jerry

Offtrail....for awhile, anyway