Re: [Az-Geocaching] Re: Cache Pirates

Author: Scott Wood
To: listserv
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Re: Cache Pirates
At 11:24 PM 5/4/2003 +0000, you wrote:

>I reported him to TPTB last night. Your idea about us restocking is fine,
>unless that vermin decides its fun to keep plundering the same caches over
>and over again. Or he decides to "graduate" to stealing the entire cache
>outright. It's going to be a question of who gives up first: him or us. I
>wonder if he knows that several cachers are in law enforcement? That may
>scare him off.

You raise an interesting point. Exactly what crime has been committed
here? It would be really hard to call this theft when it comes right down
to it. None of the items are of any real value, and they are things that
people have intentionally left out for other people to take.

Scott

www.myblueheaven.com