Re: Re: [Az-Geocaching] no-find?

Author: Scott Wood
To: listserv
Subject: Re: Re: [Az-Geocaching] no-find?
At 02:23 PM 4/18/2003 -0400, you wrote:

>I agree... History is what it is. The six tries it took us to find the
>"Railway Museum" are best viewed as they played out over the course of
>several days. Likewise, "Chandler Mini". Our rule is simple: If we get
>out of the car, we're looking and that will either result in a find or a
>no-find... We only use notes for re-visits to a previously found cache
>(and logs on our own, of course).

I have a rule of thumb. If for what ever reason I can't really look, like
the park is to crowded, or something prevents us from getting in the
general area I will post a note. If we actually look for the cache and
can't find it we post a no find. This goes for caches that are no longer
there but we still looked because of older data.

I have had a cache find log deleted by the cache owner before, and while
that bugged me a little, I had a cache owner delete one of my no find
logs, along with about a half dozen other no find logs, and that one really
upset me. The cache was later found with coordinates about 150 feet off,
and the mail I got from the cache owner led me to think that my no find log
somehow detracted from their cache.