Re: [Az-Geocaching] Mt. Lemmon (sort of off topic)

Author: Scott Wood
To: listserv
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Mt. Lemmon (sort of off topic)
At 09:27 AM 4/17/2003 -0700, you wrote:

>Thanks everyone for the input! Ya, little sports cars going down that
>back road...Hahahahaha!(Although my car did do Shcnebly Hill Rd before the
>racing suspension!!! Yes, insane!)

Actually, the last time I went up the backside, just before the big fire,
they had graded the road and it was in very good shape. I met 6 or 7
"regular" cars along the way.

>So its no longer a free trip if you are going non-stop to the top?

It depends on what you define as the top. If you go nonstop to Summerhaven
you don't have to pay. I believe that you are also clear to the Ski
Valley. If you stop anywhere along the road for any reason you have to
have a pass. Sort of like traveling to Berlin before the wall came down. :-(