RE: [Az-Geocaching] A Big Step in the Right Direction

+ (text/html)
Author: Team Tierra Buena
To: listserv
Subject: RE: [Az-Geocaching] A Big Step in the Right Direction
Is there a way of getting that statement removed and replacing it with
something to the fact that cooperation is needed to remove the
possibility of caches being placed on or near archeological sites to
avoid possible damage to these sites. This will put an emphasis on the
need for coordination in placing a cache while at the same time not
shedding a bad light on geocaching.

Loran and others,

I agree. I think I was too excited (and too tired) reading the whole
statement to attach the proper significance to that part.

I would suggest emails to Rand Hubbell ().
Rand has attended both of the land management meetings as the MCP
representative. He's a reasonable individual and I suspect he wrote the
policy statement (his title is something like Marketing Manager, but I
don't have his business card with me). As a marketing guy, he ought to
understand our sensitivity to the way that bit is written.

Steve
Team Tierra Buena

PS: Nobody asked me, but if you're trying to get permission for cache in
a MCP, you can find the name and email address of the appropriate park
supervisor by going to http://www.maricopa.gov/parks/ and clicking the
map on the park in which you are interested.