[Az-Geocaching] Yeah, but.....

+ (text/html)
Author: Jerry Nelson
To: listserv
Subject: [Az-Geocaching] Yeah, but.....
The thoughts below are natural reactions. And if they come from a fellow cacher, can you imagine what someone who has never participated thinks if they read this thread. We must all look like a bunch of juveniles.

But caching is an extremely low impact hobby that can be enjoyed by whole families and solo participants alike. If public use of Forest land is allowed at all, I can think of almost nothing as land and people friendly as this. Of course National Forest managers have the right to manage. That's their job description. It just seems that there are a lot of more destructive economic and recreational activities that are, for some reason, allowed to continue.

Caching is fun. I enjoy it. I enjoy it a lot. I'm not damaging or destroying anything. I just hike. I like to hike. A cache along the way adds to the fun. If I'm not looking for it I would never see it. I'm not talking about designated wilderness areas. They need to be held to a higher standard.

It's silly, I know it. But darn it, it's FUN. It doesn't hurt anything.......(I'll continue this mumbling ramble on my own)

Jerry
Offtrail

Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2003 10:48 PM
Subject: [Az-Geocaching] Superstition Caches

I never in a million years I thought I would ever post again here but I've been following this thread and I'm getting nothing but a huge laugh! My gosh some of you sure do get your panties in a bunch over silly stuff. I realize I don't take this game nearly as serious as most and stats mean nothing to me but come on now - remove your caches, hide them somewhere else (or don't) and move on. Hiring lawyers, writing to your congress man, letters of apology - my goodness!!! Glad nobody has over-reacted. Seems pretty simple to me - just don't hide a cache in the Superstitions. You can still hike there if you want for crying out loud.

I know I'm not the most popular cacher out there - and I think I might actually be proud of that fact the more I read on here. Wholly Cow!

Disney Fanatic
(the last of Chicks with Trucks)