Re: [Az-Geocaching] National Forests

+ (text/html)
Author: Jerry Nelson
To: listserv
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] National Forests
Message

I'm a city kid from the east, I could be SO wrong about this, but don't
the ranchers pay a leasing fee to the gummint so their critters can
leave their meadow muffins wherever they fall? Are you willing to pay to
buy a permit to hide a cache? How much?

Yes, but it's really low. Something like $2-3.00 per cow/calf month. They won't buy into this idea. Some organizations have been offering to pay the government extra to NOT graze cattle in certain areas without success. But this is digressing.

My congrats to AJ.JR also. Guess we can't let hot topics allow us to forget that this is supposed to be fun.

Jerry
Offtrail