[Az-Geocaching] RE: Cache Karma/Cache removals

+ (text/html)
Author: RAND HARDIN
To: AZ-Geocaching
New-Topics: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Cache Karma
Subject: [Az-Geocaching] RE: Cache Karma/Cache removals
On 1/18/03 Jim with "Team 8 Feet" wrote:
).Not in reality. I think there is a bug in the ratio thing. First, to
your point of 128 finds with one hide and having positive cache karma,
look at RandMan, currently 43th in the list (when you click on the team
stats link and don't resort the list). He has 129 found in AZ with 1
hide, and his karma is -64.2. (Not picking on RandMan, but I needed an
easy datapoint

Until today I didn't know anything about cache karma (even though I frequent the AZGeocaching site). Thanks Jim for using me as an example - now I know where I stand! [:)] Hopefully within the next week I will be able to place my second cache (which I've had ready for about a month - but haven't been well enough to go out and hunt for a good spot). Once I place my second cache then my "guilt" ratio will be accurate! [;)]

I just read AZSaluki's post about the caches that were removed from the Mesa/Superstition Wilderness area by rangers. I can't help but wonder how long it's going to take for this removing of caches to grow to other areas!?

Rand Hardin (RandMan)