Re: [Az-Geocaching] If You don't Have a PDA...

Author: Brian Cluff
To: listserv
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] If You don't Have a PDA...
Scott Nicol wrote:

> I cant see why they are making these GPS's that specifically connect
> to Palms and not just making a palm mapping program and using a data
> cable to run from your existing GPS to your PDA?

I think there would be a lot more GPS options for handheld devices if,
in the past, the devices expansion slots hadn't been proprietary. These
days, a lot of the devices just seem to be standardizing on compact
flash, so they can just make generic devices and then write a couple of
drivers and cover most of the handhelds out there. I would hope they
start making good GPSRs to fit in compact flash slots.

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek