Re: [Az-Geocaching] Communications...

+ (text/html)
Author: Bill
To: listserv
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Communications...
They do not share channels, and cannot talk to each other. In most cases, a cell phone is better for emergencies, although nothing will work everywhere. If you get into a canyon or behind the wrong hill, everything quits working.

FSR has a range of a mile or two, while CB is more, if you have a good unit, but both are line of sight. Cell phone service gets spotty in the mountains as well.

Bill