Re: [Az-Geocaching] Re: Mileage?

+ (text/html)
Author: Joe Brekke
To: listserv
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Re: Mileage?

    Team Sprockets Chasing the Goose

    I have heard is the longest,  though I am looking at the Mission Almost Impossible as a long drive as well

How many miles would you guess?

I didn't keep track of the mileage but since I'm one of only 2 to do it, The 1st leg is about 10 miles from my house then I would say from start to finish it is about 20 miles...also, I got tripped up on a stage and had to come back into town and go back out, so I would say I put on at least 60 - 70 miles doing this one....and it could be more!...I would say my experience would be like most others...there are A LOT of stages to this one, and they are hidden well...more than likely if you go after this one you will be tripped up at a stage and have to tackle it another day...it's a great cache challenge and worth the time and driving...plus I was the last to find it, and it's been more than a month now and the Travel Bug I put into it wants to move.

I bought my current SUV in May and have put ~13500 miles on it since then...I drive 50 miles RT to work, that accounts for 7500 miles, there are a couple of trips in there to Payson...but I cached up there so really I guess it should be included, so I've probably put around 5000 or so miles on the vehicle caching....jees, and I thought this activity didn't cost anything after the GPSr purchase...$30 for a Membership doesn't seem like that much now!...:)