Re: [Az-Geocaching] Re:Other Essential Items to Carry

+ (text/html)
Author: listserv@azgeocaching.com
To: listserv
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Re:Other Essential Items to Carry
Hey Kelly,
Sounds like you have a few good stories to tell....we can swap sometime!
Each person will always personalize what they carry, like I said, as long as the survival areas are covered.....No list is the "only" right list, but a few items are essential no matter what.
Trisha

wrote:

Hey Trish, thanks for submitting the list of essential items to carry out there.  I always take sunglasses and carry a bandana.  Bandanas have multiple purposes...a headband/sweat rag, a filter for water, and once I used one to wrap around my leg when I had a mountain bike accident and sliced my leg.  We always carry a first aid kit in case of emergencies, too.  Once in a remote area of the Grand Canyon ( Soap Creek) a friend sliced her finger deeply while whittling a stick.  We were able to treat her, but she still passed out.  The finger remained infection free.  I could give several accounts of backcountry experiences, but that's enough for now.  You just never know and should always be prepared.
Kelly - "roadrunners"

"Although no one can go back and
make a brand new start,
Anyone can start from now and