[Az-Geocaching] (no subject)

+ (text/html)
Author: Team A.I.
To: listserv
Subject: [Az-Geocaching] (no subject)
1) How did you get introduced to Geo Caching?
    -Wife saw an article on Fox10 about 'treasure hunting', and I thought it sounded extremely fun.  Ran out the door 10 minutes later with my GPS and first cache info.
2) How long have you been a Geo Cacher?
    - 8/23/02 will be one year
3) What is your present GPS'r?
    -Garmin GPS III (Mr. A) / GPS V (Mr. I)
    a) What was your first GPS'r?
    -Magellan GPS Pioneer
    b) How many units have you owned?
    -2
    c) What unit(s) would you recommend to new cachers?
    -Garmin eTrex probably
4) How long did it take to locate your first cache?
    - ~15-20 min
5) What has been your most memorable cache?
    -Geocache by Dan Rich
    a) Why?
    -The scenery was spectacular
6) What has been your least favorite cache?
    -King Usery's Treasure
    a) Why?
    -First of all, because I didn't find it.  Second, because of circumstances in the cache area.  Weather started moving in, and wind from over the mountain almost blew me off my feet.  You couldn't see the clouds         until you were at the top.
7) What factors dictate which cache you go looking for?
    -Time/weather conditions/distance.  Depending on what I'm doing, I'll try to hit a number in the area I'm going.  There hasn't been a lot of time to jump across town/state to hit many more, but I'm working on             changing that.
8) How many other Geo Cachers have you met while on a caching hunt?
    -None...yet
9) Has that meeting changed the way you cache?
    ?
10) When unable to locate a cache how long do you search?
    -depends.  20-30min has been the standard time frame.
    a) How many attempts before logging a no-find?
    -depends on how quickly I can go back for it.
    b) Do you contact the cache owner for help?
    -Yes.
    c) Do you ask other cachers for help?=20
    -Haven't yet, but that's a great idea.
11) When driving around are you tempted to go and look again at caches =
you have found before?
    -Yeah, and sometime I'll start doing that.  Have too many caches around that I need to visit before getting all nostalgic.  :)
12) What has been the best trinket in a cache?
    -a geocoin.
13) What has been the worst trinket in a cache?
    -AMMUNITION.  It simply doesn't belong in a cache, unless it is inert.
14) Do you leave a signature item?
    -in development
    a) Are you considering your own?
    -yes, but I haven't decided what yet.  My teammate and I have a great idea for a signature item, and believe it will be VERY well received by the entire AZ geocaching community.
    b) Who has the most notable?
    -I loved Chester, but I think the Wyle operatives have been my most memorable so far.
15) When in a populated area waiting to retrieve a cache what things do =
you do to pass the time?
    -try to inconspicously locate the cache without giving away my intentions or the cache location.
    a) While waiting what was the worst thing to have happen?
    -Felt like I've drawn too much attention to myself and felt uncomfortable with everyone taking a renewed interest in my presence.  :)
    b) What has been the best thing?
    -hasn't really been a 'best' thing.
16) Do you practice Cache in Trash out?
    -if I remember my backpack from the truck, absolutely.
17) Your own question for others?
    -Can't think of anything atm.

Brian (Mr. "A") of Team A.I.
I haven't lost my mind. It's backed up on disk somewhere.