Re: [Az-Geocaching] At least it wasn't yellow

+ (text/html)
Author: Joe Brekke
To: listserv
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] At least it wasn't yellow
It depends,

In the summer I prefer caches that require 1 mile or less of a hike and that are a terrain rating of 3 or less.

Outside of the summer months I PREFER the longer caches...of a terrain range of up to 4.5.

However, one thing that you didn't get into in your questions was who was with me. If it is just me and my 10 year old, we will go after anything....but I do most of my caching with a baby (well I guess he's a toddler now) but was a baby strapped to my back in a baby back pack. I generally won't take him on anything where the terrain is more than a 3.5...not because of the strain it puts on me, but it isn't appropriate taking him on those...he's a human cargo and I have to be aware of what the boulder hopping or climbing with him is doing to him...also the weather in the hot months.

I know that there are a lot of caching families out there and the caches they choose to do may be because of limits that they have with their children...It all comes down to why do we do this. For us, it is time spent together...so I put the considerations of my family ahead of what I would actually prefer to do when caching.

Besides, they are all fun in one way or another.

riginal Message -----