[Az-Geocaching] Killed my eTrex?

+ (text/enriched)
Author: Chelby Geiss
To: listserv
Subject: [Az-Geocaching] Killed my eTrex?
*sigh* I think I may have drowned my eTrex! We went kayaking on
Thursday. I wasn't too worried about the water. Says right here in the
manual "Waterproof to 1 meter for 30 minutes." I wasn't trying to get
it wet...but it did take a dip in the lake while I was getting out of
the kayak one time. It was in for a split second...I didn't worry.
Then while trying to find one of the caches on Canyon Lake, it kept
turning off on me! Kev took a look at it, opened up the battery
compartment and found water in it! UGH! I've had it apart, hoping it
will dry out, but there is a haze over the screen and its not coming on:(
So have I killed it? What about it supposedly being waterproof?
This is NOT what I needed right now! Can't afford a new gps at the
moment!:(
C:)

Team desertSol
Chelby & Kevin