[Az-Geocaching] Scottsdale Parks

+ (text/html)
Author: Team Tierra Buena
To: az-geocaching
Subject: [Az-Geocaching] Scottsdale Parks
I had a conversation this afternoon with a minion of the Scottsdale
Parks and Recreation Department. I explained about geocaching and asked
him about the possibility of formalizing some kind of
consent/acknowledgement/control with the Department. The essence of his
reply was that, particularly in light of September 11, any attempt to
obtain formal consent for an activity such as geocaching would likely be
met with rejection, and that we were probably better off continuing to
do what we are doing surreptitiously.

Perhaps someone else could have done a better job of pleading our case
than I did. But I plan on taking this person's advice, at least when it
comes to any caches in areas belonging to Scottsdale Parks and
Recreation.

Steve
Team Tierra Buena