Re: [Az-Geocaching] 4th of July

Author: listserv@azgeocaching.com
To: listserv
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] 4th of July
What a kind and thoughtful invitation, Bill & Sara! Thanks so much for
being so generous.

I live too far (Prescott) to attend, but if I was closer, I would
certainly want to come. (Plus, we will be busy moving stuff around,
and I think the Posse might be on stand-by......)

Again, thanks for your friendly and fun invitation! I hope you have a
nice turn-out!

Trisha "Lightning"
Yavapai Co. Jeep Posse Searchers

On Wed, 26 June 2002, "Bill" wrote

> Some people have expressed disappointment about fireworks being

cancelled in many areas of
> Arizona for the 4th. I live near Willcox, and a headline on the

frontpage of our little weekly
> paper today says that the fireworks display will go on as scheduled.

If you haven't ever had
> the chance to be here, it is a nice small town event, held at the

high school football field,
> and put on by the fire department.
>
> We are having our annual 4th of July get together again this year,

and my wife is making her
> award winning (really, she has a plaque) barbequed beef brisket. We

live in the country a few
> miles north of Willcox, and after the party we will all go in for

the fireworks.

> We hereby extend an invitation to the geocaching community to

attend. If you would like to
> come, please pmail me at:
>

> for more info, directions, and GPS coordinates. We will need to

know how many are coming. We
> are easy to find, about 1.5 hours from Tucson if you don't speed.

This is a family party, and
> we will provide soda, etc. If you want beer or similar items, you

will have to bring them
> yourself. Keep it legal.
>
> There is also a car show in Willcox that day, and some other

activities including a public
> pool, and MIB II opens at our local theater. If anyone wants to

come back after the fireworks,
> I will set up my scope. We have a pretty good observing site here.
>
> Come on out and have some fun. Don't forget we are a few degrees

cooler than Tucson.