Re: [Az-Geocaching] Mapping software question

Author: Darren Johnson
To: az-geocaching
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Mapping software question

> Anyone interested in playing Consumer Reports and giving me your opinions
> on two map software products I'm looking at? I see DeLorme has a new
> Topo version coming on sale next month. I'm using a Garmin eTrex Legend
> and don't know if I should instead go with Garmin MapSource. Any
> compatibility problems with either of these? How are they similar?
> What does one do that the other doesn't?

Now don't quote me on this, but I think that though you can upload waypoints
and route information to and from a GPSR with the Delorme product, I don't
think you can transfer _topo_ information with it. For that you need to use
the Mapsource product. Now with this new version, I could be completely off
base, but that was my understanding.

I have been wrong before.
I will be wrong sometime again in the future (many times in fact)

Comforting.....

Team Imperial Eagle
Darren