RE: [Az-Geocaching] El Camino de Diablo

+ (text/html)
Author: Farquhar, Larry
To: 'az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com'
Subject: RE: [Az-Geocaching] El Camino de Diablo
Thanks Steve for the info.

Larry Farquhar

-----Original Message-----
From: Team Tierra Buena [mailto:teamtierrabuena@earthlink.net]
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2002 1:47 PM
To: Arizona Geocaching
Subject: [Az-Geocaching] El Camino de Diablo

We have just received written notification from the US Fish & Wildlife
Service that most of the Cabeza Prieta National Wildlife Refuge will be
closed from March 15-July 15, 2002. The area to be closed runs from
northwest of the Christmas Pass campsite all the way to the eastern boundary
of the Refuge, and includes all of Christmas Pass Road (which enters the
refuge from I-8 at Tacna).

El Camino de Diablo (the road) will remain open from I-8 west of Wellton to
a point east of the Tule Well campground. This will be the only open
entrance during this period, as the eastern entrances remain closed. It
appears that the cache itself will still be reachable, but only from the
westernmost access point.

Larry, I have also posted the above as a note on the cache Web page.

Steve
Team Tierra Buena