Re: [Az-Geocaching] West of the Pecos

+ (text/html)
Author: Trisha Radley
To: az-geocaching
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] West of the Pecos
I read the page for the "real" WotP cache.....but is the "trick" one archived? Could someone please tell me the number of the trick cache so I can enjoy the logs and fun from afar?
thanks!!

~~trisha
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 7:14 PM

To all of you devious, tricky, slippery Arizona geocachers.......

You all pulled off a great practical joke! Yes, you all had me running in circles trying to figure out that blasted riddle. I was wondering why everyone else could figure it out - what was I missing? I went to Pecos park about 6 times, sometimes sitting there trying to imagine the riddle. I looked in almost every tree, around and under all playground equipment, under trash cans, almost everywhere! I even asked a couple people in the park (who observed me) for their help in the riddle. I asked a few people at work for help also. Thinking there was a Wyle operative traveler there made me want to find this cache even more! The only related movie I could find was about Judge Roy Bean (western) in a movie called "West of the Pecos". So you had me sunk pretty bad into this!

I'm extremely relieved to finally "find" this cache and put it to rest. I have no hard feelings to anyone for almost causing me to have a nervous breakdown, loose sleep for a week, and sinking me into a deep state of depression. :-) I'm actually very flattered to be the subject of your prank. Thank You very much everyone for the Home Depot gift card!

And Rob is a wise man to state: "I think we should be afraid, .... very afraid!!"

  Happy Hunting!
  Larry Farquhar
  Team "Wyle E"
  www.azjeeper.com