[Az-Geocaching] Old School?

Team Sprocket scottsparks1 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 17:22:19 CDT 2009

> From: Scott Wood <scott at myblueheaven.com> <scott at myblueheaven.com>
> Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Old School?
>
> I guess I would say "old school" are those that started in the 2001 to
> 2003 range.
>
> I guess I qualify. I started caching in late September 2002.  Although, I
consider myself part of the "second generation" of Arizona geocachers.
There were (and still are) a handful of individuals who paved the way for
geocaching in Arizona.  To them, we all owe a great debt.

From: "Bill Nolan"  <bill at freeholder.com> <bill at freeholder.com>
> Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Old School?
>
> Speaking of Wyle E...  How many of you  other oldtimers remember the time a
> non-existent cache was "placed" in  Phoenix not far from Wyle E's home.

I remember!!  In fact, my first cache was a "Wyle E" puzzle cache (GC3788)
Mission: Looney Tunes.  AJ.JR had invited me along to help him "solve the
puzzle."  On our ride home from the cache, we marvelled that "Wyle E" had
over 600 finds! We thought (then) that we could never approach that number.
By the end of the year, I had 139 finds. Over the next 3 years, I averaged
725 finds per year.

From: "Tahosa McCarthy" <Tahosa_the_Cacher at msn.com> <Tahosa_the_Cacher at msn.com>
> Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Soooo?
>
> Scott:
> Actually cachers never leave the game, they just hibernate for a short period of time.
>
>   In 2007, I had only 25 finds!  I guess I was in hibernation mode that
year.[?]

From: "Victoria" <Hahnizona at cox.net> <Hahnizona at cox.net>
> Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Old School?
>
> Gotta love that! Competition for the least amount of finds with the most
> active hides?
>
> How 'bout most (logged) DNF's? I'm at 246 (and counting.)

-- Sprocket
(another Scott!)