[Az-Geocaching] Adopting a cache

Brian Casteel bcasteel at uccinc.net
Sun May 6 12:29:22 MST 2007

Pfffff.  Yeah, the Silly Mountain trip was a fun one, and it had just
rained making it a good afternoon hike.  It's always a good time going
out caching with friends, no matter whether you're pounding the
pavement, or getting an emergency call in the middle of the afternoon to
drive 80 miles because someone broke down in the middle of nowhere.
After hours of repair work and driving across the state for parts, we
decide to go caching in the middle of the night, where I promptly placed
my hand on top of a scorpion while climbing up to get the cache, and
later find out that Mojave Rattlers travel in pairs.

I think it would be fun to get a caravan of folks together on my next
return trip and pull off a valley-wide cache machine, pausing briefly
for some fine grilled beef and of course, machaca.
Midnight-to-midnight, anyone?  I finally have my own laptop, so I could
pre-plan one hell of a route, and see if I can beat my 93 in a weekend.
Last May, I wanted to go for a full 100, but just ran out of steam
toward midnight, knowing I had to be up at around 3am to get to the
airport for my flight back.

Sooooo, I need to stop talking about this, because I'm going to get
really homesick again.  I already am, but I don't need to make it any
worse.  :)

Brian
Team A.I.