[Az-Geocaching] decrypted hints

Team Nine Lives teamninelives at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 22:06:46 MST 2007

OK, partly guilty I guess.  We've made a bit of camo a part of the challenge
of our caches.  (More to come; ideas are in the process of becoming reality
as I type.)  And I will admit that the hints that we've provided have not
been very helpful on some of our hides.  We will discuss that and maybe the
hints will be simply removed.  There's a bit of pride at creating a clever
hide and watching the DNF's roll in.  We don't want people to be too
frustrated--this is supposed to be fun.  We do want searchers to find them
and, like Jared, we do our best to be timely in responding to requests for
hints or to DNF's in general.  But the points about out-of-town cachers and
return trips are points well taken.

In those areas where there is any concern about the immediate cache
environment, we've made the hints much more direct, to avoid accidental or
incidental damage to the area.  This seemed the responsible thing to do.

And yes, there seems to be a southern AZ "style."  How many of us have seen
a natural cluster of rocks within sight of a dirt road and wondered whether
it is concealing anything interesting? ;-)

Brad, Team Nine Lives

P.S. In Hawaii there are spots where you would need a heck of a hint just to
find a large pile of rocks!