[Az-Geocaching] orygun connie

Brian Casteel bcasteel at uccinc.net
Tue Jan 9 09:20:45 MST 2007

I guess I didn't realize it was a laptop, or I wouldn't have said anything
about on-board video, because integration is the only possibility for a
mobile computer.  If that's failing and it is this old, you will spend more
money for repair/replacement of the failed component, which would involve
replacing the entire motherboard to resolve the issue.  Buy a new laptop.

But in the meantime, I wouldn't use the laptop at all until you get a new
one, so you can see at least something on the screen when you're trying to
set it up to get your 'stuff' copied from it to the new one.  Many new
computers these days offer software that will pull the information for you
and put it back in place just like it was on the older computer, so look
into that when you're shopping.  There are other ways, but they would cost a
bit of money, which would involve having someone else pull and transfer the
data for you.

Brian