[Az-Geocaching] Garmin Astro 220

Roping The Wind arizcowboy at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 8 13:13:58 MST 2007

Now this is cool!

http://www.garmin.com/astro/

It transmits position updates every 5 seconds on a VHF frequency. Could this
mean that Garmin will make the Rino units available in VHF frequencies on
the next model update? I hope so! The Astro 220 appears to have a better
antenna on it than the Rino 530/520 as well. I still would like to see an
external antenna adapter available on the next Rino Garmin puts out.

The Astro 220 looks to be available in June of 2007. Another very cool and
innovative GPS/radio integration by Garmin!

Scott
Team Ropingthewind