[Az-Geocaching] New MapSource update

Roping The Wind arizcowboy at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 27 08:18:29 MST 2006

Yes. I emailed them several months ago (back when we were first discussing
this issue) about the lost data in the track save. I never got a response to
that email (which is kinda rare, Garmin usually responds rather quickly).
For what I use the track logs for (outside of geocaching), I would really
like (and sometimes really need) that additional information in my saved
track logs. If a legal issue ever arose with the FAA, that additional data
could prove very useful.

In the time being, I just have to turn off the tracklog after I am done with
my track and then offload the track log immediately after I get home and not
'save' it. Just offload it and then save it on my computer. The big issue I
have with this is that if I am out of town for several days and I do several
track logs, I HAVE TO save them all on the GPS or you would have a
continuous track log, which wouldnt differentiate between each individual
track.

I dont have a laptop computer that I can carry with me to offload the tracks
too. However, it might be possible to save them to a Windows Pocket PC PDA.
??? I know Garmin has their Mapsource in their Pocket PC IQUE. Is Mapsource
compatible with the Windows pocket PC OS? Can the program be downloaded to
the PDA? Has anyone done this before (with other than a Garmin PDA)? If so,
I would consider it, as I have been wanting to get a new PDA that is Windows
OS.

Still, I think it is a very simple issue to resolve. As you said, Brian, it
is simple text. It seems to me that this is something that could easily be
accomodated into a software update.

Scott
Team Ropingthewind