[Az-Geocaching] Food for Thought

Team Tierra Buena teamtierrabuena at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 27 21:12:57 MST 2005

> I placed this just a few months after first starting Geocaching when we
> were
> in Laughlin over Easter.  At that time, there weren't more than 6 caches
> within 15 miles of this spot, that's why I placed it - to give cachers a
> little fun while they were there.

Don't anyone take what I'm about to type as a whine for "the good old days
of Geocaching". It's not. But the reality is that a lot of ideas that were
novel just a couple of years ago are now routine to those of us who were
caching a couple of years ago. It really falls on those of us who have been
at this for a while to remember that.

The first urban micro we found was "Ya Skala" (GC37E1). When we found it, we
thought it was about the cleverest hide we had seen to that point. It's now
been *archived* for over two years. If I found one like it now, I'd probably
just be annoyed. But if you found one like it for the very first time today?
You might be just as excited as we were then.

We were tickled by "Be Considerate" (GCKF3Q) which we just found on New
Year's Day. We had never seen a hide like that before, either. But we
haven't been caching much lately, so for all we know there are a dozen like
it around the Valley. That in no way detracts from the fun we had doing this
one.

Steve
Team Tierra Buena