[Az-Geocaching] Food for Thought

Roping The Wind arizcowboy at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 26 20:26:59 MST 2005

>From: AZcachemeister <azcachemeister at getnet.com>
>To: listserv at azgeocaching.com
>Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Food for Thought
>Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 17:28:35 -0700
>
>So what is the real problem? The fact that they were stolen, or the fact
>that they were stolen before you got there? :-P

The latter, of course! ;) Seriously, a year ago...  I would say that would
have been the case. Nowadays, I dont care. I just cache for fun and I dont
care about the numbers anymore. Anyone who knows me knows that I dont care
about the numbers anymore. Just look at my ranking.. from #1 down to #4 and
I have no plans to attempt a comeback anytime soon! I am just doing it for
the fun and enjoyment of it. I reached my goal in geocaching of getting to
#1. Been there. Done that. Now I just do the ones I most enjoy doing. I
still seek out urban caches, but only when they are on the way when running
errands or are otherwise convenient. I dont make drives around the valley
just for caches anymore. I enjoy the hiking caches and the scenery and great
views and just otherwise being out in 'gods country'. I also enjoy the
challenging caches. But, for me, the challenge should be more physical and
not mental (anyone who knows me also knows that I am kinda dumb when it
comes to figuring puzzle caches out!).

Ther reason I started this thread was because I was just looking at a list
of archived caches. I noticed quite a few caches that were placed over the
summer. I was out of town all summer. I just happened to noticed how many
caches, in the east valley alone, that I didnt get. They were placed over
the summer while I was gone. Many of them where archived before I even got
home in October!!!

>I think many of these caches were hidden by newcomers who are learning some
>valuable (and painful) lessons.

Not really. In some cases yes. But some of them where hidden by seasoned
cachers. Cachers that just felt they needed to hide another cache because
they have found so many. So rather than put some thought into a new cache..
they chose the easy and quick route and just placed a simple urban cache
near their home to be done with it.

Scott
Team RTW