[Az-Geocaching] one of those...

Kerrilynn azbbw40sub at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 20 20:15:12 MST 2005

"Bill Nolan" <bill at freeholder.com> writes:

> Hmmmmm...  Posting etiquette?  Do we find that in
Emily Post?  Just who is the authority?  It seems that
people with slow connections want posts trimmed, while
those with broadband couldn't care less.  Well, if you
are an advocate of trimming, I'm sorry to tell you
that I am adding to the alleged problem.  I teach
computer science, so I am educating a generation of
college students that the correct thing is to include
the message to which you are replying.<snipped>

<thinking to myself> ahhhh, I see... one of *those*
kinda teachers... remember them well, but not for
long. *rolling eyes with a mischevious grin*

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.  If you <ie:
any person throughout this post> doesn't want to be in
harmony with the majority of the people *that* speaks
for itself.  General Net Ettiquite is for trimming,
whether you want to do that or not is entirely up to
you.  Google it for yourself, tho I doubt there is
interest in educating one's self based on this
opinion.  Unfortunately listserv's contribute to this
problem by their very nature; whereas other formats
such as yahoo groups and areas of usenet have the
means in which to moderate posters much more
effectively - for the good of the *whole* - not just
self interest.

Ironic that geocachers have their own set of
guidelines and rules that they want the geocaching
community as a whole to embrace and pride themselves
on; yet there is not that same value placed on *one of
the* very means that you use to further the sport, so
to speak.

As is typically expected, this is just an observation
of a few and not representative of the whole as is
evident by number of off line emails that I have
received in support these last few days.  I understand
their reasons for not wanting to make it public.  But
I... always look forward to intelligent debate with an
open mind.

Anyway, for me... I've said my part about the subject.
 Not here to change anyone, just merely making an
observation and speaking up with an opinion - however
different it may or may not be.