[Az-Geocaching] altimeter

Rick Scholz rickscholz at rickscholz.net
Mon Jan 3 22:04:53 MST 2005

You can purchase an altimeter for $10-$20 at nearly any auto parts store. It
works on barometric principles, just like the ones in aircraft. Mine comes
with a piece of adhesive to stick it to the dash. It does need to be
calabrated (easily done by turning the dial on the front) and works very
reliably +/- 100 feet.

Basically no learning curve... just look at it. No batteries, no power
needed.

Of course if that's not enough of a gadget for you, you could go for the
$1200 voice navigation system....

Rick Scholz
rickscholz at rickscholz.net

Visit my web site at www.rickscholz.net