[Az-Geocaching] GC.com

Robert & Linda Smith listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 02 Jul 2004 09:19:29 -0700

--------------020407040400070303040702

Brian,

What an interesting web site.  I have book marked it and will check it
from time to time.  Not that I know just what all I am looking at.

Do you have a suggestion for a sniffer like you mentioned that will look
at the route I am taking when I hook up to someone.  Just interested, a
little.  And where does one look up, if possible, the DNS tables??

Thank, Bob Smith, Petite Elite

Brian - Team A.I. wrote:

(snip)

Fairbanks, AK router, check
http://www.internettrafficreport.com/namerica.htm.  Basically, the
routers you see listed are the mother of all routers and are
collectively responsible for the entire N American continent.  I'm
guessing the people in Alaska are pretty pissed right about now.

> DNS:  Domain Name System.  Ever wonder what's behind yahoo.com?  For
> every single web address on the internet, there is a numerical IP
> address associated with it.  The primary IP address for yahoo.com is
> 66.218.71.198.  Would you rather remember yahoo.com or that numerical
> address?  :)  DNS tables do the job of matching those numbers to their
> corresponding domain name (yahoo.com).  If a DNS tables becomes
> 'poisoned', it pretty much means that some corrupt data was inserted
> into the file and completely scrambled the data, rendering it useless.

--------------020407040400070303040702

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Brian,<br>
What an interesting web site.&nbsp; I have book marked it and will check it
from time to time.&nbsp; Not that I know just what all I am looking at.<br>
Do you have a suggestion for a sniffer like you mentioned that will
look at the route I am taking when I hook up to someone.&nbsp; Just
interested, a little.&nbsp; And where does one look up, if possible, the DNS
tables??<br>
Thank, Bob Smith, Petite Elite<br>
Brian - Team A.I. wrote:
(snip)</font></div>
Fairbanks, AK router, check <a
 href="http://www.internettrafficreport.com/namerica.htm">http://www.internettrafficreport.com/namerica.htm</a>.&nbsp;
Basically, the routers you see listed are the mother of all routers and
are collectively responsible for the entire N American continent.&nbsp; I'm
guessing the people in Alaska are pretty pissed right about now.</font><br>
 cite="mid007901c46041$eb4c3f80$0602a8c0@fbidaemon">
wonder what's behind yahoo.com?&nbsp; For every single web address on the
internet, there is a numerical IP address associated with it.&nbsp; The
primary IP address for yahoo.com is 66.218.71.198.&nbsp; Would you rather
remember yahoo.com or that numerical address?&nbsp; :)&nbsp; DNS tables do the
job of matching those numbers to their corresponding domain name
(yahoo.com).&nbsp; If a DNS tables becomes 'poisoned', it pretty much means
that some corrupt data was inserted into the file and completely
scrambled the data, rendering it useless.</font></div>

--------------020407040400070303040702--