[Az-Geocaching] Who took my geocache San Juan Overlook?

Jim Stamm listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 06:13:48 -0700

On Feb 10, 2004, at 10:30 PM, Ken Akerman wrote:

> What could have caused this cache to disappear?  Someone who knew of
> the existence of the cache (a rogue "geocacher", perhaps) must have
> taken it.

Not necessarily.  One time I was bushwacking and thinking, "No one has
ever been here before.  It is too rough for even cowboys who might have
been looking for a lost cow."  Then I looked down and saw a plastic
"Topo Companion" grid sticking out of the sand.  I also found a well
hidden boat in Canada - 21 miles from the nearest track.  So people do
happen across, and investigate things that don't quite look natural.