[Az-Geocaching] Who took my geocache San Juan Overlook?

Gordon L. Flatt listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 07:47:18 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01C3F073.463B69F0

You know Ken, I sometimes feel that way myself.  My "Trails End"
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=dbc1b5c6-0350-4daa-87
bd-b711b286046f cache has be reported stolen again, and it is definitely in
a remote area!  This is the second time it has come up missing, although I
have yet to confirm that it is actually missing now.  I find it very
difficult to believe that two ammo cans have just be happened upon at this
location, but I guess stranger things have happened!

Gordon

Team Coyote1022

-----Original Message-----From:
az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com
[mailto:az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com]On Behalf Of Ken
AkermanSent: Tuesday, February 10, 2004 10:30 PMTo:
listserv@azgeocaching.comSubject: [Az-Geocaching] Who took my geocache San
Juan Overlook?
Several months ago, I received a note from an experienced geocacher
explaining that he couldn't find my cache San Juan Overlook in South
Mountain Park.  Today I checked the cache, and unfortunately it is gone.

I don't understand why this cache is missing, because it cannot be seen from
the trail and I thought that it was well-hidden.  It did appear to me to be
better hidden than many other caches in South Mountain Park that are still
in existence, some of which were established before San Juan Overlook.

What could have caused this cache to disappear?  Someone who knew of the
existence of the cache (a rogue "geocacher", perhaps) must have taken it.

Two of my other caches, Phoenix Open (gone for the second time, even with a
smaller container) and Estrella FREE Car Cache (difficult to get to and
quite remote, so there is no way that it could have been found accidentally)
also appear to be missing.  This may sound a bit paranoid, but could there
be someone out there who doesn't like me who is taking my caches?

Ken (a.k.a. Highpointer)

---

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01C3F073.463B69F0

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE></TITLE>
charset=3DWindows-1252">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1400" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<P><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">You know Ken, I sometimes feel that way=20
myself.&nbsp; My "Trails End"&nbsp; <A=20
href=3D"http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=3Ddbc1b5c6=
-0350-4daa-87bd-b711b286046f">http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detail=
s.aspx?guid=3Ddbc1b5c6-0350-4daa-87bd-b711b286046f</A>&nbsp;cache=20
has be reported stolen again, and it is definitely in a remote =
area!&nbsp; This=20
is the second time it has come up missing, although I have yet to =
confirm that=20
it is actually missing now.&nbsp; I find it very difficult to believe =
that two=20
ammo cans have just be happened upon at this location, but I guess =
stranger=20
things have happened!</FONT></P>
<P><FONT><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Gordon</FONT></FONT></P>
<P><FONT><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Team Coyote1022</FONT></P>
<P><BR><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">-----Original Message-----From:=20
az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com [</FONT></FONT><A=20
href=3D"mailto:az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com"><FONT=20
face=3D"Comic Sans =
MS">mailto:az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com</FONT></A><FONT =

face=3D"Comic Sans MS">]On Behalf Of Ken AkermanSent: Tuesday, February =
10, 2004=20
10:30 PMTo: listserv@azgeocaching.comSubject: [Az-Geocaching] Who took =
my=20
geocache San Juan Overlook?<BR>Several months ago, I received a note =
from an=20
experienced geocacher explaining that he couldn't find my cache San Juan =

Overlook in South Mountain Park.&nbsp; Today I checked the cache, and=20
unfortunately it is gone.<BR><BR>I don't understand why this cache is =
missing,=20
because it cannot be seen from the trail and I thought that it was=20
well-hidden.&nbsp; It did appear to me to be better hidden than many =
other=20
caches in South Mountain Park that are still in existence, some of which =
were=20
established before San Juan Overlook.<BR><BR>What could have caused this =
cache=20
to disappear?&nbsp; Someone who knew of the existence of the cache (a =
rogue=20
"geocacher", perhaps) must have taken it.<BR><BR>Two of my other caches, =
Phoenix=20
Open (gone for the second time, even with a smaller container) and =
Estrella FREE=20
Car Cache (difficult to get to and quite remote, so there is no way that =
it=20
could have been found accidentally) also appear to be missing.&nbsp; =
This may=20
sound a bit paranoid, but could there be someone out there who doesn't =
like me=20
who is taking my caches?<BR><BR>Ken (a.k.a. Highpointer)=20
</FONT></P></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01C3F073.463B69F0--